Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Constant parallellism

So I read that there is a theory about how we all have our individual perception of the way reality is and what we perceive as being real. The article is here about this "Big Brain Theory" which states that in our perception, each of us has our own universe we exist in, along with all other entities, however given the likelihood of all things possible actually happening in a universe, we may mostly all be at simplest, a brain free-floating in space with what we see as reality existing only perceptually. Maybe it's true, maybe not, maybe we're actually all brains in vats hooked up to a vast created reality run by the network of brains themselves. I'm not sure about that, but I have held a theory about reality and the universe for a long time now and I figure I should publish it somewhere.

Now, there might not be any evidence for this, but there isn't any against it either, so make up your own mind after reading. There is no such thing as time. That sounds weird, but let me explain. An event that occurs in time has a series of stages, each occurring one after another in a fluid movement. You pick up a glass, you put it to your mouth, you drink. I think that all of these steps (and all the infinitely small steps in between) occur at once, and we perceive them in the order of time. I don't mean that they are all occurring at once in one place, I mean that there are an infinite number of parallel universes in which are contained every possible configuration of matter in the universe. So, as we move through the human concept of time, we are really moving between alternate realities in such a way that events seem to occur one after another the way we are used to. In this way, we can explain any event that would take place and every configuration of matter possible. Maybe it's far-reaching, but that would mean that technically, it would be possible to travel through 'time' or even teleport yourself or an object if we could somehow master choosing our path through universes. What this also means is that there exists a reality where every possibility has happened and so with control, we could alter the outcome of every event to prevent tragedies. Now I'm not going to argue whether that is a good idea or not, but I can't see how at least in some instances that could possibly not be. This is just something that I thought up when I was younger, and I still think I believe it, so why not publish. That's not all I've got, but it's all I can post this second, so stay tuned for more of my psycho theories later, and let me know what you think in the comments!

ps- Thanks to Christopher Fahey for the image.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Successful" realities (the ones where action does not dissolve back into more unaffiliated noise realities... would give rise to systematic *evolution: Along strings of reality where at every intersection of potential interaction ther is an inf. of logically permissable, thus actualized extensions. inside a given dimension. Dimensions which (as the ideal infinitesimal potential system[s]) that "wrap" or "complete" themselves to make stable loops for them, will also extend logically, until no more logical extension is possible... i.e. until the highest dimensional level completes itself in the same way that lower levels do so to birth higher ones and new extensories.

Anonymous said...

anonymous said: (contact here)

http://swapler.stumbleupon.com/

Anonymous said...

Been watching the Butterfly Effect too much? I know, I know, that Ashton is one piece of ass.

Here I was, thinking Everett's multiverse interpretation of QM was too armchair intellectual, but I see you've managed to out-plebe him!

30steps said...

pretty cool stuff, thought you might be interested in making a video game REALLY quantumly random http://ultraweekend.blogspot.com/2011/05/many-worlds-hypothesis-video-game.html